Friday, June 13, 2008

Radical Muslims in Britain have formed chat rooms to discuss adopting orphans and bringing up children to be Islamic fighters

Discussions on a number of radical websites have asked how children should be brought up to be "mujahideen" and whether they should be pulled out of mainstream schools. Other participants boast of how their children threaten to kill "kuffar" [non-believers]. The Centre for Social Cohesion says radical Muslims are using the Internet to create a "virtual Islamic caliphate" and calls on the government to launch a crack down. According to the Centre for Social Cohesion, a think tank which has been monitoring radical websites, users of a site called www.islambase.co.uk discussed the possibility of adopting children and bringing them up on May 3, 2008. The site, which is based at a post office box in Glasgow and protected by a password, is used by the followers of the radical preacher Omar Bakri Mohammed, who lived in North London until he fled to the Lebanon in 2005. "Hamza", one visitor to the site on 23 March 2008, wrote about a friend's account of what his nine-year-old son, Rashid, had told him he would say if his father was killed by the kuffar [non-believers]. He said the boy told him: "I don't care if you kill me cause I'm not afraid of you or to die for Allah, and I'll have a lot of wives in jennah [heaven] insha allah and I'll be with my dad in jennah too and we will have fun doing what we want there if Allah lets us. Don't kill my dad or you will be in trouble with me, I swear by Allah."

No comments: