Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Gay Jewish author fantasized about killing Bush and Cheney

Here is an excerpt of an interview that the late Maurice Sendak gave to Gary Groth of The Comics Journal:
SENDAK: Bush was president, I thought, “Be brave. Tie a bomb to your shirt. Insist on going to the White House. And I wanna have a big hug with the vice president, definitely. And his wife, and the president, and his wife, and anybody else that can fit into the love hug.”
GROTH: A group hug.
SENDAK: And then we’ll blow ourselves up, and I’d be a hero. [Groth laughs.] To hell with the kiddie books. He killed Bush. He killed the vice president. Oh my God.
GROTH: I would have been willing to forgo this interview. [Sendak laughs.]
SENDAK: You would have forgotten about it. It would have been a very brave and wonderful thing. But I didn’t do it; I didn’t do it.
Let us hope that if there is a hell then this scumbag is rotting in it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Bush-Cheney served this guy's interests like no other. Cheney's daughter is a militant lesbian, married with a kid. This guy is playing into the narrative.