Monday, May 5, 2014

Muslims in Africa: Fears for the fate of more than 200 Nigerian girls turned even more nightmarish when the leader of the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram, that kidnapped them announced plans to sell them

"I abducted your girls. I will sell them in the market, by Allah," a man claiming to be Boko Haram leader Abubakar Shekau said in a video. "There is a market for selling humans. Allah says I should sell. He commands me to sell. I will sell women. I sell women," he continued, according to a translation from the local Hausa language. Boko Haram is a terrorist group receiving training from al Qaeda affiliates, according to U.S. officials. Its name means "Western education is sin." In his nearly hour-long, rambling video, Shekau repeatedly called for Western education to end. "Girls, you should go and get married," he said.

No comments: