Saturday, August 4, 2012

A sadistic black ex-con turned his Brooklyn apartment into a house of horrors for a former flame

Not long after Anthony Matthews got out of Attica Correctional Facility, where he served a 12-year stint for shooting a man in the buttocks, he unleashed 31 days of torture-filled hell on his former girlfriend — the fiendish climax of a long abusive relationship. The woman was beaten with a large piece of wood and tied up at various times with wires and extensions cords. She was burned with an iron as her tormentor threatened to kill her if she tried to escape. Matthews, 31, also heated up a screw driver and burned her genitals. He shoved a gun in her mouth with such force, it broke several of her teeth. The victim suffered broken ribs, spinal damage, a broken nose and burns all over her body. She had half the blood supply of a normal woman and went into septic shock. By the time the black monster dropped her off at his mother’s home, she had open wounds and ulcers. One of the wounds on her leg was so deep that the bone was exposed. The black suspect’s mother took the victim to Woodhull Hospital where a doctor called police. “This is one of the sickest cases I’ve ever seen,” a law-enforcement police source said. Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said that Matthews told his mother that the woman “was attacked or assaulted by someone else.” Matthews was turned down for parole four times with the parole board saying in 2009, “If released at this time there is a reasonable probability you would not live and remain at liberty without violating the law,” the board said in a transcript. “Your release is incompatible with the welfare and safety of the community.” Matthews was sprung five months later after serving his entire sentence. And the parole board’s prediction was apparently proved correct as the alleged torture makes clear. Matthews had threatened to kill the 26-year-old woman’s family before forcing her from her father’s home in Peekskill and launching her 31 days of captivity in his Bainbridge St. home in Bedford-Stuyvesant. The woman remains in intensive care. Matthews has been charged with attempted murder, kidnapping, assault and weapons possession. A judge ordered him held without bail. Kelly said that Matthews had terrorized the woman in the past, but she was too afraid to report him to the police. “This has been going on for a while,” Kelly said. “She had actually been in some form of involuntary custody for two years.” In January 2012, the woman accused Matthews of rape after she wound up in a hospital in Peekskill. The case was dropped after she refused to cooperate with the prosecution, a law enforcement source said. Matthews was sent to Attica after he shot a man in 1997 in an elevator. The torturer also served 18 months in a juvenile facility on a weapons charge. There were also two trespassing charges on his rap sheet.

No comments: